Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We ordered a table for our upstairs hallway from Ethan Allen and are going to put some easels with frames that we purchased from Restoration Hardware on it. The largest frame will contain a print of "Hope" by George Frederick Watts and the medium and small frame will contain contain pictures of Reid - one with his mommy and one with me. We still have about another month to go before the table gets here, but we are trying to figure out which pictures of Reid we want to put in there.

I pulled out the camera today and while I was looking through all of our pictures, I noticed there were a ton of videos that we had taken in the hospital. I have purposefully not watched these videos before now as I was afraid of opening some of the fresh wounds that have started to heal. However, today, I felt I was ready.

When I think of some of the moments of Reid's life that I cherish the most, I would have to say my number one memory is of him laying on his back and swinging some rings that we had hung from the bed. One of my other favorite memories is when he first discovered his tongue and not really knowing what to do with it. I found two videos that captured those moments and watched them at least five times each and before I knew it, I had tears running down my face. They weren't tears of sadness or of hurt, but those of joy.

Anyway, the point of my blog posting today is that I wanted to share these two videos with you:




2 comments:

  1. I guess for some of us it is easy to think of him being in Heaven and all safe and comfortable but it must be with mixed emotions that you watch these videos of your son. You are generous to have shared him so much with us. Thank you for reminding us of his good days on Planet Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to write to let you know that I think of both of you so often. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I can only imagine how difficult each day is and the flood of accompanying emotions-happy and sad that you must be going through. I will call soon. Take Care.
    Love
    Nancy Ware

    ReplyDelete